Strong & Secure
Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System are a logical inclusion when extra strength and safety is required in commercial or residential buildings.
Proven ability to safely retain blades when subjected to heavy loads.
Allows abundant fresh air to save on electricity.
Provides greater design flexibility in buildings.
Privacy or shading options available when screened.
Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System mechanically locks louvre blades into their clips to increase the amount of force the window can resist. With blades only able to be removed using a tool, the window is more secure and your building is safer.
The Stronghold System can be used in multi-story applications. A balcony enclosure or wintergarden can be created to provide extra year-round living space or as a barrier against outdoor noise. Occupants can enjoy the winter sun in a protected spot or take advantage of fresh breezes.
The Stronghold System allows our windows to provide fall prevention with only a slight reduction in ventilation, and without obstructing outdoor views. Ideal for use more than 2 metres above ground level or for windows that require extra strength for example in wet rooms.
The Stronghold® System: Manage fresh air, noise and fall prevention
Altair Louvre Windows with the Stronghold System by Breezway have been designed to increase strength and safety in multi-storey building designs.
The logical inclusion when extra strength and safety is required
Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System mechanically locks louvre blades into their clips to increase the amount of force the window can resist. With blades now only able to be removed using a tool, the window is more secure and your building is safer.
Ideal for use more than 2 metres above ground level the Stronghold System provides added safety to the entire window opening.
- Available for 102mm and 152mm glass or aluminium blades.
- Restricted openings available.
- Identical to the standard heights of Breezway Window Systems.
- Enables bay widths of up to 1200mm.
Please note Off-Standard height limitations apply for the following:
Easyscreen Window System: Std height + 26mm through to Std heights + 36mm is unavailable for 102mm.
- Suitable for the Breezway Easyscreen or Slimline Window Systems.
- Altair Component System available for installation into other framing systems.
- Available with the range of Altair Louvre options including the Powerlouvre System.
- Once installed, pins cannot be removed without specialised tools. Replacement pins required upon removal.
- Tested to AS2047 “Windows in Buildings”.
- Tested to ICP005 “Protection of openable windows”.
- Static load testing to AS1170 for performance on balconies, offices and external high levels.
- Achieved 700N load and up to 1500N when open.
Note: Breezway Altair Louvre products are not a balustrade system. Nor are any other window types.
Balustrades are one type of barrier. Altair Louvres with the Stronghold System and suitable openings are another. It is always important to ensure that a particular barrier system complies with the relevant Building Codes and associated Standards.
Stronghold® System Load Test
The manual contains the following relevant topics.
- Blade Type Compatibility
- Powerlouvre System Compatibility
- Electrical Requirements & Wiring
- Compliance with Balustrading Requirements
- Window Sizes
- Recommended Specifications