Would you believe that selecting the right windows could help improve you and your family’s wellbeing, cut your monthly electric bill and even help you be kinder on the environment?
One of the energy monsters in Malaysian homes is the air conditioner. On cool days, Breezway Louvres can be opened to allow 90 per cent air flow, compared to only 12 to 40 percent of ventilation provided by other window types. By allowing maximum breezes into your building you could rely less on air conditioning. An electric fan might be sufficient and it consumes far less electricity.
On scorching hot days, if you decide that air conditioning is necessary, Breezway Louvres seal tight to prevent air leakage, maximising the efficiency of your air conditioner. Tinted blades will improve cooling properties of your windows so heat gain is reduced and at the same time, outdoor views are not compromised.
Good passive design principles for windows can help you keep your air conditioning turned off. Here are some ideas:
- Cross ventilation happens when there are pressure differences between one side of a building and the other. The larger the window opening, the greater the cooling effect.
- Tall narrow louvres next to fixed lite windows give you the best of both worlds – framing your view and allowing optimal amount of natural light in while maintaining good air flow into the house.
- Wide short louvres above a bed can be left open at night to allow cool air in.
- Another way to ventilate a room is to place Breezway Powerlouvre Windows up high with remote operation. This allows hot rising air to escape the room quickly while fresh cooling air can flow in through lower level louvres to keep your home comfortably cool at any time of the day at the push of a button.
- Breezway Louvre Windows can also be installed in internal walls of your house to facilitate internal ventilation. This further cools and refreshes building occupants yet can be closed when required so that privacy can be retained.
Being involved in the design and selection of your Breezway Louvres will make sure your achieve the best outcome for energy efficiency and most importantly comfort for you and your family.
Visit the Breezway Product Selection Guide for more information.
- Award winning business
- Highly customisable offer
- Short lead time
- Extensive Product Offer